Happy Friday Bloggies!
About three years ago, I called a buddy of mine on his cell phone to say hello. This guy is the toughest, meanest, roughest, macho-est guy I know. I’ve been to watch him tear people up in the boxing ring several times. He’s spent quite a bit of time in police cars and jails for putting other people in the hospital. He grew up on lots of crack, and a reputation for being the baddest dude in town. Six years ago, I had the privilege of leading him to Jesus at Destiny Family Center… and we became very good friends right away.
It was a Saturday if I remember correctly…
- I called this new bro of mine and he answered, “hey man whatsup?”
- I said, “hey, what are you up to?”
- He stuttered for a few seconds and reluctantly confessed, “Not a whole lot… just in the Harrisonburg Mall… I’m getting a pedicure.”
- Obviously, I started LAUGHING PRETTY HYSTERICALLY at this point… and I said, “A ped-i-cure??? You’re getting a PEDICURE! Ha-ha… you sissy boy!”
- And I continued, “Is your wife with you? Are you guys getting some couples thing?”
- He said, “Noooo??”
- I asked, “Ohhh did someone give you a gift certificate?”
- He tried to buck up with some confidence at this point and fired back, “NO… I came here by myself and I’m paying for this WITH MY OWN MONEY because I LOVE PEDICURES!”
- After he told me I should try one sometime… and I sassed him a little longer… we ended the call and went about our day… me trying to get this pampered image of my boxing buddy out of my head! LOL
Romans 10:13-17 …for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE who bring good news!”
How beautiful are THE FEET OF THOSE… WHO BRING GOOD NEWS! Isn’t that a strange but FUN way of honoring Gods messengers… to say that we have BEAUTIFUL FEET? I personally love my own feet. Emily makes fun of them, saying that I have ELF’S toes because they CURL up… but I like my toes EMILY… you will not make me insecure! LOL
Maybe when we get to heaven… all the people who made the BIGGEST DIFFERENCE IN THIS LIFETIME will have the most BEAUTIFUL FEET for all ETERNITY! Maybe we’re all gonna be walking around BAREFOOTED in heaven… and people will be like, “woe dude, NICE FEET!”
From these verses in Romans 10, I feel the fire of evangelism being stoked inside my heart most aggressively! For me, this is the chief goal of my life… to BRING GOOD NEWS to as many people as I can before leaving earth. This is the mission of the church and it is the chiefest calling of every Christian… to freely give away this amazing salvation that we have freely received.
So, in a non fetish kind of way, I want to know… HOW ARE YOUR FEET DOING THESE DAYS? Are they BEAUTIFUL because they are carrying the GREATEST NEWS in all the universe to the people who need it most? Or… DO YOU NEED TO SCHEDULE YOURSELF FOR A PEDICURE? Come on… don’t let that reputation of yours keep you from having beautiful feet! If my boxer friend can handle the abuse he took from me that day at the nail salon… you and I can SHINE CONFIDENTLY FOR JESUS CHRIST… UNASHAMED OF THIS GOOD NEWS!
Romans 1:16 For I am NOT ASHAMED of this Good News about Christ. It is the POWER OF GOD AT WORK, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile.
Nice blog today… that’ll get us going in the right direction! Get on your HAPPY FEET EVERYONE… spread the good news all weekend long! Oh… don’t forget Destiny Family Center, Sunday morning 10am! Chat with you guys and gals later on…