What are you guys planning to do on this very lovely day? Gonna REST and REPLENISH? Maybe go for a walk… or a run… or a swim… or a hike… maybe spread out a blanket and have a picnic? Even if you’re working… schedule some YOU TIME and REFRESH YOURSELF at some point before the sun goes down!
v. re·freshed, re·fresh·ing, re·fresh·es
1. To revive with or as if with rest, food, or drink; give new vigor or spirit to.
2. To give new freshness or brightness to; restore.
3. To make cool, clean, or moist; freshen up.
4. To renew by stimulation: refresh one’s memory.
5. To fill up again; replenish: refresh a drink.
Thesaurus: verb 1. revive, cool, freshen, revitalize, cheer, stimulate, brace, rejuvenate, kick-start (informal) enliven, breathe new life into, invigorate, revivify, reanimate, inspirit!
Can you FEEL the LIFE? The ENERGY? The OPPORTUNITY?
God made humans to go VERY STRONG for 6 days… then REFRESH on the 7th… and GO VERY STRONG for another 6 days… and REFRESH every 7th day! In American culture, we typically view the WEEKEND as our time for REFRESHING!
Whether your day is today or tomorrow, or a little of both… take the GIFT OF REST and use it for MAXIMIZING your effectiveness! When your on, BE ON 125%… and when you are OFF, be off 125%! If you work hard… make sure you PLAY HARD TOO!
While I am talking here about the need for REFRESHING our mind and body, I also want to promote SPIRITUAL REFRESHING!
Acts 3:19-20 Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away. Then times of REFRESHMENT will come from the presence of the Lord, and he will again send you Jesus, your appointed Messiah.
This is HOW people SPIRITUALLY REFRESH… by taking the time to pray and turn away from of our sins… and the Bible PROMISES REFRESHMENT from the presence of the Lord!
Here are some simple tips for making sure your TOTAL PERSON IS ALWAYS PROPERLY REFRESHED…
- Exercise 3-5 days EACH WEEK. (Body)
- Eat healthy 5-6 days a week. (Body)
- Spend 5 minutes a few times a day breathing in fresh air. (Body)
- Schedule new experiences each month. (Mind and Spirit)
- Spend quality time with quality people each week. (Mind and Spirit)
- Rest outside on a blanket or a hammock, beside a creek or pond, some place inspirational… a few times a week. (Mind)
- Read one or more exciting books each month. (Mind)
- Find something hilarious to laugh about each day. (Mind)
- Listen to praise and worship music and pray each morning. (Spirit)
- Actually READ your Bible and mediate on certain verses… each day. (Spirit and Mind)
- Keep a daily journal. (Mind and Spirit)
- Go to church every Sunday (and mid week if available)… did I say EVERY? (Spirit and Mind)
- Please COMMENT with your ideas…
These are just a few that came off the top of my head. I pray that todays blog adds tremendous value to your AMAZING lives!
Ohhhhhh… wait! Please don’t forget my BIRTHDAY PARTY CELEBRATION tomorrow at 5pm… get details and directions at Destiny Family Center tomorrow morning. Hope you can make it!