Forward momentum at destiny family center… epic! Last night: the best wednesday night in a VERY long time! Wow! Attendance was off the carts… worship was heavenly… during the message, I felt like the Virgin Mary giving birth to the Son of God. Please don’t take me as sacrilegious… seriously you guys, I think God possessed me a few weeks ago… and this current MESSAGE is not the ordinary next sermon series… it’s more like a PROPHETIC MANIFESTO! These are CLASSIC days for sure…
This year has been a challenging one to say the least… and even though we are today WAY ON THE OTHER SIDE of a very difficult experience, some of us will never forget March of 2009. It’s interesting to hear how many of our members run into a few old DFC’ers… and they are asked, “Are you STILL going to DFC?” I’m told their response has been something like, “Are you kidding me? YES I am still going to DFC… that place is on fire right now!”
Thanks to God who carefully guards his ASSIGNMENT, we not only survived our 7 years of tribulation… we’re RICOCHETED BACK FROM EVERY GRAVE WITH A GREATER BLESSING! This most recent set of challenges seems to have blessed us more than all the rest! New people are FLOODING into our doors… new salvation’s, new talents, new zeal, new creativity, and new resources… all making far more possible, the successful progressive realization of our worthwhile DREAM!
In addition to this LOCAL WAVE OF BLESSING on the Destiny Family Center campus… we have seen an unprecedented gathering of people from all over the world into our internet social network! As mentioned on tuesday, our blog stats are skyrocketing!
Just two days ago, I was asked by a Universal Records Executive to pull one of my blogs because it shot to NUMBER ONE on a google search for one of their bands… and my post was getting ahead of their long term initiatives. Just to think about the INFLUENCE of this tribe… that we can be positioned at the NUMBER ONE spot for a national topic in less than a week… it brings tears to my eyes!
Thanks to the internet, there are no geographical boundaries… the entire world is well within our reach! People are watching our LIVE and ARCHIVED internet broadcasts EVERY week, some every SERVICE… from all over the USA and in several countries. At this moment in time, we are impacting more people DAILY than we ever did on a Sunday morning… something to be celebrated!
Sadly, many local folks saw my commitment to writing a book, blogging, twittering, internet broadcasting, and social networking as a threat to the local congregation. Small town thinking caused some to unconsciously sabotage the bigness of this DREAM. The word on the streets at times has been, “That guy is building his own kingdom.” Others have been even more consciously aggressive, with a far more carefully executed demand for retreat. We’ve seen it all (well, most of it all)… and somehow, by the GRACE and MERCY of God, we are survivors.
Some actually thought we would lay on the floor wallowing in our misery forever, that we would fade away into nothingness. I even wondered at times myself… and yet, here we are today up from the ashes of humility, THRIVING like a TREE PLANTED BY THE WATERS!
Psalm 40:1-3 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. 2He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. 3And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
What does all of this seemingly braggadocios rambling have to do with your lives today? I have 5 statements I wish to make concerning this blog:
- To God: You said you would NEVER leave us, nor forsake us… you KEPT YOUR PROMISE… thank you so much!
- To local DFC’ers: Appreciate the vision… that mobilizes a local community… to impact the uttermost parts of their WORLD!
- To previous DFC’ers: Thanks for contributing to a portion of this journey! Without you, we might not be where we are today! The doors are always open, should you ever decide to give it another shot! If not, God BLESS you wherever your feet are planted!
- To bloggers, twitterers, Make Me a Legend Enthusiasts, & facebookers: There are no geographical boundaries! ANYONE can become a VITAL part of this dream. Please consider how you might lend your time, talents, and resources… and how you might become a far more INTENTIONAL part of this team… and help us do something EPIC in the eyes of eternity!
- To everyone: Never stop PRAYING… never stop WORSHIPING… never stop BELIEVING… never stop SERVING… never stop LOVING… never STOP DREAMING… never ever SIGN A TREATY when you KNOW THAT YOU KNOW that what you are doing something that really matters in the face of eternity!
I pray that todays blog adds tremendous value to your amazing lives! Look for the Sunday August 23 and Wednesday August 27th DFC services on the video archive…. have a super duper day!