“I’m praying for our President and his staff today, that they will hear from God about the direction this nation really needs to go… and that tonight’s state of the union address will announce a sharp denunciation of this administrations recent liberal socialist agenda… that it will be an HONEST speech and not just the message they know we want to hear. Please God, for the sake of America… speak to our President, give him sincere humility that he might apologize where necessary, give him wisdom and courage that he might change direction with confidence and peace and without the fear of his political party, give him your Spirit that he may be a good president. Even though I did not vote for President Obama, I now pray for him every single day… that you oh God would guide him where you please… because anyone can change!”
Proverbs 21:1 “The king’s heart is like a stream of water directed by the Lord; he guides it wherever he pleases.”
Politics… ewww right?
- I feel like far too many Christians opt out of the political arena because of their disgust. Clearly, the American political situation is very bad these days.
- Then, there are the Christian political bashers… those who actively engage in politics… and while attempting to raise a voice, they come off as haters. Even though these people often fail in their approach… without them, we would fail to have a balancing conviction.
I feel like neither of these political postures are very helpful to our country. On the one hand, in the name of peace, we say nothing at all. And on the other hand, in the name of telling it like it really is, we add fuel the political war.
Somehow, we as Christian people have to become far more informed and far more involved… so that we may argue the biblical side of todays leading political issues… with humility and GRACE.
2 Timothy 2:25 Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth.
Titus 1:8b-9 He must live wisely and be just. He must live a devout and disciplined life. 9 He must have a strong belief in the trustworthy message he was taught; then he will be able to encourage others with wholesome teaching and show those who oppose it where they are wrong.
Titus 2:8 Teach the truth so that your teaching can’t be criticized. Then those who oppose us will be ashamed and have nothing bad to say about us.
If I had a significant voice in the political arena, I would hope it might come off like this:
- I would aim to be as well informed as possible… to have a perfect understanding of all perspectives.
- I would continually immerse myself in the pages of the Holy Bible, so that I might SEE Gods position clearly, as I pray for his guidance.
- I would pray for the courage to state my position, while respecting the people on the other side of the issues… as much as possible. This would be such a challenge, since some people are very good at bringing out our worst.
- I would continually PRAY for the people who oppose me and treat them with as much respect as possible… so that God could work through my life to reveal new truth and steer their hearts in a new direction.
- I would pray for tremendous levels of humility: so that I could change my position when necessary, as new intelligence challenges my uninformed postures.
If I was a politician… I would give myself the very best chance of hearing and knowing Gods heart in all the matters of my jurisdiction. I would do this by practicing the ancient commands for being a King, found in Deuteronomy 17:18-20.
“When he sits on the throne as king, he must copy for himself this body of instruction (the Word of God) on a scroll in the presence of the Levitical priests. 19 He must always keep that copy with him and read it daily as long as he lives. That way he will learn to fear the Lord his God by obeying all the terms of these instructions and decrees. 20 This regular reading will prevent him from becoming proud and acting as if he is above his fellow citizens. It will also prevent him from turning away from these commands in the smallest way. And it will ensure that he and his descendants will reign for many generations in Israel.”
I bet todays blog is the most random message you’ve read in a while. It’s raw and unedited… it’s very scattered and far too vague… but it’s what’s on my mind this morning.
Would love to hear your thoughts! Praying for you all, thanking God for our friendship! Have a most triumphant day!
Dream Big, Live Bold, and Make the Difference!