Here’s something I read this morning in the FREE ebook, What Matters Now! I’m sharing with you, my friends!
It’s the 19 E’s of Excellence according to Tom Peters! Tom blogs at tompeters.com. His new book, The Little BIG Things: 163 Ways to Pursue Excellence!
The 19 E’s of Excellence!
1. Enthusiasm: Be an irresistible force of nature!
2. Exuberance: Vibrate—cause earthquakes!
3. Execution: Do it! Now! Get it done! Barriers are baloney! Excuses are for wimps! Accountability is gospel! Adhere to the Bill Parcells doctrine: “Blame no one! Expect nothing! Do something!”
4. Empowerment: Respect and appreciation RULE! Always ask, “What do you think?” Then listen! Then let go and liberate! Then celebrate!
5. Edginess: Perpetually dancing at the frontier, and a little or a lot beyond.
6. Enraged: Determined to challenge and change the status quo! Motto: “If it ain’t broke, break it!”
7. Engaged: Addicted to MBWA/Managing By Wandering Around. In touch. Always.
8. Electronic: Partners with the world 60/60/24/7 via electronic community building of every sort.
9. Encompassing: Relentlessly pursue diverse opinions—the more diversity the merrier! Diversity per se “works”!
10. Emotion: The alpha. The omega. The essence of leadership. The essence of sales. The essence of marketing. The essence. Period. Acknowledge it.
11. Empathy: Connect, connect, connect with others’ reality and aspirations! “Walk in the other person’s shoes”— until the soles have holes!
12. Ears: Eﬀective listening: Strategic Advantage Number 1!
13. Experience: Life is theater! Make every activ-ity-contact memorable! Standard: “Insanely Great”/Steve Jobs; “Radically Thrilling”/BMW.
14. Eliminate: Keep it simple!
15. Error-Prone: Ready! Fire! Aim! Try a lot of stuﬀ and make a lot of booboos and then try some more stuﬀ and make some more booboos—all of it at the speed of light!
16. Evenhanded: Straight as an arrow! Fair to a fault! Honest as Abe!
17. Expectations: Michelangelo: “The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.” Amen!
18. Eudaimonia: Pursue the highest of human moral purpose—the core of Aristotle’s philosophy. Be of service. Always.
19. Excellence: Never an exception! If not Excellence, what?
You may have to read these 19 E’s of excellence 5 or 6 times before some of them make sense, you may even have to ask a friend! Trust, it’s worth the analysis!
I just prayed for you all… have a most triumphant day!
Dream Big, Live Bold, and Make the Difference!