Had a terrific lead team meeting on my patio last night. I’m thanking God this morning for all of the QUALITY men and women I’m privileged to lead with! The law of magnetism says: what you are is who you attract! If the people I’m attracting these days are any indication of WHAT I AM, then I am becoming a BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEING!
I know were making so many steps in the right direction… and our current momentum is a force to be reckoned with. Still, there are moments when I wonder if I personally have what it takes to finish the race.
I’ve been walking through a very dark emotional valley these past few weeks. I hate it when this happens. For me, there are 6 prime elements of burn out.
- Dissonance: lack of agreement, consistency, or harmony; conflict. (Between my dreams and my realities!)
- Chaos: a condition or place of great disorder or confusion. A disorderly mass; a jumble. (The lack of proper systems in place to handle the epic level of responsibility I’ve taken on.)
- Pressure: the act of pressing, the condition of being pressed. An urgent claim or demand. An oppressive condition of physical, mental, social, or economic distress. (I’m double and triple booked without the realistic hope of relief.)
- Condemnation: the act of condemning–the expression of strong disapproval, judged or declared to be unfit. (I wake up every day under the condemnations of unsatisfied “costumers.” No matter how dedicated I am. No matter how much of my life is sacrificed. There is always a line of people expressing strong disapproval, judging and declaring me unfit.)
- Exhaustion: the state of being exhausted; extreme fatigue. (I’m never able to rest. Dissonance, chaos, pressure, and condemnation… they are always with me… even when I am praying, or running, or eating, or hanging out with my family… even when I am sleeping.)
- Miserable Physicians: people who insult their suffering friends by lecturing instead of praying and encouraging. (I have found that sometimes, life gets so complex that there is not another person in all the world who is able to improve the situation with councel. Job was in such a situation… and his friends came to help with their spiritual lectures, and they told Job everything that Job had already been telling himself… and they acted like they could handle Jobs pressure so much better if they were in his shoes. Job called them his miserable physicians.)
In today’s world, I bet there are so many people walking through dark emotional valleys like I’ve mentioned. This is why we need to pray for each other and encourage each other, more often than we do. Most of the time, when people are suffering… they already have a very good idea about the steps they need to take to get back up on the mountain. We can REALLY HELP BEST by lending a smile, a prayer, and a heartfelt message of encouragement.
I hope today’s blog creates a huge awareness to the sufferings of your family and friends. I hope you’re all inspired to make the difference when you can! For those who are in the valley today… I’m praying for you with all my heart, confident that YOU WILL CLIMB OUT OF IT SOON… that God will reach down and PLACE YOU ON THE MOUNTAIN TOP AGAIN! Thanks for reading… I love you all!
Dream Big, Live Bold, and Make the Difference!