Here are my top 11 most difficult things to do in life.
11. Eat my most hated food: beets!
10. Discipline my children when they are bad.
09. Walk my three uncooperative dogs in the rain.
08. Think of giving my daughter away on her wedding day.
07. Think about saying goodbye to my children when they go to college this fall.
06. Resist the temptation to quit ministry and go live a self-indulgent life like so much of the rest of the world, especially on certain days when spit flies at my sacrifices.
05. Preach the funeral of an unsaved person.
04. Love my betrayers, when the fresh pain still makes me want to hate them.
03. Write a blog when I feel hopeless and defeated.
02. Listen to my moms last voice mail.
01. Preach the funerals for my Mom, Grandfather, Uncle, and Father in Law.
I thank God for giving me His strength to do everything on that list, except eating the beets!
What are your most difficult things to do in life?
Think about this for a little while. Write a list. Then ask God to give you His strength to do those difficult things you’re not able to do without Him.
- For who is God besides the LORD? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. (1 Samuel 22:32-34)
- Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. (1 Chronicles 16:11)
- They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing. But you, O LORD, be not far off; O my Strength, come quickly to help me. Deliver my life from the sword, my precious life from the power of the dogs. (Psalm 22:18-20)
- The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one. (Psalm 28:8)
- Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” (Matthew 19:26)
Share this message with your friends and let’s talk about it. I’d love to hear from you!