What a weekend! At the end of our Sunday morning church service (after another 6 people gave their lives to Christ), I gave an invitation to everyone in the crowd who felt called into ministry… and as I expected, they came streaming to the front for prayer.
I laid my hands on 150 people or more and prayed and prophesied until almost 2pm! People were giving up addictions, letting go of past emotional traumas, catching a glimpse of their future, and committing themselves to the eternal purposes of God. It was a beautiful moment.
Woops, I’m out of shape!
The funny thing is that I had not prayed for that many people all at once in a very long time… and I was pathetically out of shape! Someone might say, “Chuck, you were tired from praying for people?” My response, “You should try it some time.”
There was one moment when I thought to myself, “Dear God, if this revival gets even slightly bigger than it is right now, I am going to have to get myself back into revival shape!”
I still remember the years of 1999-2002, when I preached 300+ revival meetings each year, all over the USA, oftentimes ministering until well past midnight! I still remember praying for crowds and crowds of people with the energy of a thousand horses… and I felt as if I could keep going like that for days without a break!
The heavenly calling
Everyone is called to do something epic for God. No matter what else you do with your life, you have a heavenly calling. You might not understand that calling yet, but everyone has a ministry.
Just like anything else in this life, you have to condition yourself for the heavenly calling.
- You have to condition your soul (mind, will, and emotions) with the Word of God and prayer, because an unconditioned soul (mind, will, and emotions) will sabotage your spiritual potential from within.
- You have to condition your character, and personality, or nobody will respect you enough to benefit from your calling.
- You have to condition yourself in the fruits of the Holy Spirit. (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control)
- You have to condition your prayer muscles, so you can defeat every spiritual force standing in your way.
- You have to condition your spiritual skills. (Scripture knowledge about salvation, faith, healing, etc., spiritual gifts training, ministry training and experience)
- You have to condition your physical body so you will have the physical energy to match your spiritual calling.
- You have to condition your key relationships, or they will fly apart when they are needed the most.
Shape Up, For Your Heavenly Calling
Are you conditioned for your unique heavenly calling? If not, it’s ok, there is still plenty of time to do something about it! You can make a few radical steps in the right direction TODAY! Don’t take life as it comes at you. Take charge of your physical, mental, and spiritual condition so that you can perfectly achieve your heavenly calling!
Think of all that the Apostle Paul had to do in order to carry out God’s heavenly calling for him. At the end of Paul’s life, he made the following statement before King Agrippa. “And so, King Agrippa, I obeyed that vision from heaven. I preached first to those in Damascus, then in Jerusalem and throughout all Judea, and also to the Gentiles, that all must repent of their sins and turn to God—and prove they have changed by the good things they do. Some Jews arrested me in the Temple for preaching this, and they tried to kill me. But God has protected me right up to this present time so I can testify to everyone, from the least to the greatest. I teach nothing except what the prophets and Moses said would happen—that the Messiah would suffer and be the first to rise from the dead, and in this way announce God’s light to Jews and Gentiles alike.” (Acts 26:19-23 NLT) (Emphasis added)
I hope that you and will be able to stand with that degree of confidence at the end of our lives. Everything we do is for eternity. We matter so much more than we sometimes realize it.
Here is a fun song for this moment.
I just finished praying for you (with tremendous passion), hoping you really feel the difference. Have a most triumphant Monday!
Please leave your comments here on the blog site so that we will always have a record of your beautiful thoughts.
With much love…
Dream Big, Live Bold, and Make the Difference!