Do you listen to worship music when you pray? This morning, I read one heck of a great Bible verse! “I listen carefully to many proverbs and solve riddles with inspiration from a harp.” (Psalm 49:4 NLT) (Emphasis added)
It moved me, so I tweeted about it, then a received a text from my friend Jon Higginbotham.
- Jon wrote: So what do you get from that verse? Sounds like a Kent Henry verse.
- I wrote: Yeah I know. I just fumbled onto it this morning!
- I wrote: I very rarely pray without worship music playing in the background. Psalm 49:4 is so true! The spirit of revelation rides on anointed music. No wonder Satan works so hard to corrupt it! He wants to deafen this generation from the prophetic revelation they need to have a VISION. Without a vision the people perish.
- John wrote: I think I need to expound my riddle today! Have a good day bro!
Anointed music clears the way for hearing God’s voice and understanding God will. Let me take the mysteriousness out of this equation and say the very same thing in much simpler terms…
Just as there are laws that govern the physical universe, there are laws that govern the spiritual universe. God, in His infinite wisdom set up the spiritual universe so that anointed music (God inspired music) heightens the connection between God and people.
All throughout scripture, there are instances of this phenomena. Here are two great examples.
- One: In 1 Samuel 16:23 an evil spirit was tormenting King Saul because of his turning away from the Lord. Saul understood the power of anointed music, so he sent for David, the greatest psalmist in the land and, “David would play the harp. Then Saul would feel better, and the tormenting spirit would go away.”
- Two: In another instance, King Joran of Israel consulted the prophet Elisha about his impending war with Moab. Elisha replied, “As surely as the Lord Almighty lives, whom I serve, I wouldn’t even bother with you except for my respect for King Jehoshaphat of Judah. Now bring me someone who can play the harp.” While the harp was being played, the power of the Lord came upon Elisha, and he said, “This is what the Lord says: This dry valley will be filled with pools of water!”
The Bible is filled with teachings about the power of praise and worship music.
DO YOU listen to worship music when you pray? Do you spend time every day, worshiping and praising God? Are you searching for a deeper relationship with God? Looking for clearer direction about your future? You can solve your “riddles” with the inspiration of a harp, with the inspiration of anointed music (God inspired music).
Now, re-read Psalm 49:4 “I listen carefully to many proverbs and solve riddles with inspiration from a harp.” (Psalm 49:4 NLT) (Emphasis added)
Can you see what the psalmist was getting at? He was saying, “Through the inspiration of my anointed music, I see and comprehend things that I could not understand without it!”
Todays assignment: Mediate on the following verses as you listen to the video I’ve provided. Say the verses out loud. Break them down into smaller phrases and use each phrase as a prayer point… sing the words, pray the words, write them in your journal, as you listen and worship God with the music. Notice how your spiritual eyes will OPEN and you will see beyond the surface glance!
7 For the angel of the Lord is a guard;
he surrounds and defends all who fear him.
8 Taste and see that the Lord is good.
Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!
9 Fear the Lord, you his godly people,
for those who fear him will have all they need.
1 “Is anyone thirsty?
Come and drink—
even if you have no money!
Come, take your choice of wine or milk—
it’s all free!
2 Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength?
Why pay for food that does you no good?
Listen to me, and you will eat what is good.
You will enjoy the finest food.
3 “Come to me with your ears wide open.
Listen, and you will find life.
I will make an everlasting covenant with you.
I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David.
I hope this blog really opens a gateway in your spirit today! Try this for 30 days and watch how much closer it brings you to God.
Just like every morning, I prayed for you with tremendous passion. I sincerely hope you feel the difference all day long.
Have a great day everyone!
With much love…
Dream Big, Live Bold, and Make the Difference!