On Sunday I gave our church a homework assignment: Take 5 minutes and write a one-paragraph description of how you would serve in God’s kingdom if anything were possible.
For the maximum success of this assignment, you must learn to dream without mental limitations. You have to act as if your Father is GOD, and pretend (even believe) that you have unlimited time, talent, and money!
What would YOU do with your life… if anything were possible? No limits!
Last night, a DFC LifeGroup of 20 people completed this assignment together. Then they discussed their dreams. It was electrifying!
- Doug, lead a homeless ministry that provides housing, rehabilitation, and career training.
- Amy, bring healing to sick people and feed the hungry.
- Matt & Theresa, help people out with finances… give away houses and cars, and a new start to people who really need it.
- Chris, bring massive change in the political arena… even run for a national office.
- Derek, bring help and healing to deaf and blind people.
- Fonda, reduce crime by giving a new heart to evil people.
- Stephanie & Caitlin, stop drug trafficking and help rehabilitate drug addicts.
- Mary, give hope and healing to divided families.
- Elizabeth, teach about casting out demons, without making the devil famous.
- Dawn, provide a home for the homeless and give into many good causes.
- April, place ever child in a loving home… and help with teen pregnancy.
- Mille, start schools in 3rd world countries, dig wells and bring community transformation (also in 3rd world countries).
- Emily, start trade schools for children in 3rd world countries.
I was greatly inspired by each of these dreams! It made me realize that my own dream (though too big for most people to believe), is not impossible. If I spend my life empowering the masses towards great Christian causes… and if I rally them with motivation, encouragement, and training… then, together, we can bring hope to the world again!
Here is my one paragraph dream without limits… raw and unedited.
“I will continue as the beloved pastor of Destiny Family Center, by serving 300 legendary leaders, serving 2000 (local) church members. I will impart the highest level of life to hundreds of thousands of people at 50 mega conferences throughout the world each year. I will create and lead the greatest (interactive media) church of all time… and form a one million member global tribe of Christians (including people from every nation of the world)… and together, we will bring one billion people to God’s salvation through Jesus Christ.”
What is your dream?
How can I help you get there? Would you like to help with my dream?
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
-George Bernard Shaw (Irish literary Critic, Playwright and Essayist. 1925 Nobel Prize for Literature, 1856-1950)
I prayed for you this morning! With much love…
PS: Have You Ordered Your Signed Copy of Make Me A Legend?