Good Morning Friends,
Guess what?? We’re going to be adding a few video clips from my recent teaching “30+ Thoughts on Effective Evangelism.” Look for these clips on this blog site over the next few days!
Today’s thought deals with the subject of self control and learning to ENTRUST our lives into the loving hands of God in all life’s circumstances. Too often, we take matters into our own hands and really make a mess of things! Maybe this blog will help…
James 1:19-20 “My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.”
Quick to listen… Slow to speak
- Because things are not usually as they first appear… don’t speak from misinformation.
- Listening is an act of respecting others… and a sure sign of wisdom.
- Wise people use less words and last words.
- Being the last person to speak positions you to be the most informed speaker.
- When possible, always talk to God before responding to people.
- When speaking in your own defense, don’t speak unless prompted by the Holy Spirit.
- Even perfect words can be misinterpreted… many times; silence is more powerful than a mighty argument.
- Silence gives God a chance to do the impossible.
Slow to become angry
- Anger is a manifestation of fear.
- Fear is an antonym for faith.
- Anger is mans way of responding to adverse circumstances in his humanity.
- Anger is not a God approved method for handling adverse circumstances.
- Victory obtained through anger is not really a victory.
- Anger manipulates people and circumstances… and never brings the kind of lasting victory God has for his children.
A person who is quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry… is a person who has learned to trust that God is bigger than people… and that life works out best when left in God’s hands. God loves, God is merciful, God is just… and God is ABLE to work ALL THINGS OUT FOR OUR GOOD AND HIS GLORY!
Today’s blog is written from a lifetime of painful experience… it’s comes from the chronicles of this bloggers decades at the school of hard knocks! I pray it adds tremendous value to your amazing lives! We love you and we thank God for you… tootaloo!